7/18/2007

Day 27

This morning we woke up around 9 and went to breakfast at Pipes with the family we are staying with. We then went to Ponto Beach which was beautiful with crystal clear water. We spent a few hours there body surfing and boogy boarding, which was nice since we have never had access to boogy boards. We broke off from the Everett's and and went to opening day at Del Mar horse track. We were able to catch the last three races. There were many short dresses, crazy hats, and drunk idiots. Joining the spirit of the track I had David put in two bets for me. I bet $7 on Glimmering Pete in race 8 of 9...he came in second to last, but I could tell he was putting forward is best. The odds for that race was 1:10. For race 9 I bet $3 on La Swing. The starting odd were 1:8 but ended up being 1:15. The race started out looking good for me. La Swing came out of the box fast and lead the race for a majority of the time but at the very end he dropped 4 places and I was out of the money since in both of my bets I bet for the horses to place. After the race we took a free shuttle back to our parking spot. By the time we got back to the house it was 7:30 and we were ready for dinner. We went to Uno and had a great meal. Now its 10 and we are watching "So you think you can dance." I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep after such a long day.

3 komente:

Anonim tha...

Good Morning,
Introduce me to the PIPES. Sounds like you had a ball at the beach and experienced how to lose money at the race track. San Diego should have many internet
places, therefore I expect be receiving e-mail from Noah.
I enjoyed #26 & 27 which David sent.
I have been following your map on Google .
Enjoy!! Love Grandpa

Anonim tha...

These postings are great!! Although it's obvious that your computer doesn't have spell check, the content is so interesting and well-written. I've really enjoyed reading your diary, but I'll enjoy even more having you back here in VA - it's been a long month. Love, Dobbie

fran novakoff tha...

7/21/2007

Hi, guys: You are so close to Phoenix so if you change your minds and want to stop by, please let me know. We are enjoying a "cool spell"--only 103 degrees, actually quite nice.

I showed my mother your pictures from Yosemite and a video on your website last weekend and she thoroughly enjoyed your tour. I will share the Old Faithful video with her this weekend. She visited these spots many years ago.

Continue to have fun and be safe. Love, Cousin Fran